Thursday 16 June 2011

OMG!!! Can a fetus have ADHD???!!!!

So after finding out I was just having a typical singleton pregnancy, everything became somewhat normal......well as normal as it can be with 3 kids, one of whom has a sensory processing disorder and adhd amongst other quirks...and another who has an anxiety disorder!!!
I had all the usual check ups, but because I was 37 I also had to have a maternal serum screen to ensure the foetus was not at risk of chromosomal disorders.  So at 12 weeeks I had blood tests and an ultrasound......this ultrasound was frightening!!!!!!!!!  I have never in my life seen a fetus so insanely active!!!  Even Kai, who has ADHD and the sensory processing disorder and was ridiculously active, was chilled and relaxed at 12 weeks!!!!  This baby was literally jumping, I have never seeen a fetus jump....literally.....it looked like it was jumping on a trampoline!!!!!  This fetus was so active that I was there for roughly 2 hrs while the sonographer patiently tried to take measurements!!  The ultrasound report reads " measurements were difficult to get due to the extreme activity of the fetus"!!!  OMG!
But, at least everything was normal....well...no markers of chromosomal abnormalities anyway...but I was beginning to wonder just how feral this child would be!!!  I felt this baby moving at a stage of development where its not supposed to be possible, but it wasnt the movement I was used to in a pregnacy....it was an odd vibration...after seeing the ultrasound, I figured it mustve been the fluid in some tsunami type motion due to this babies atypical activity!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment